Over the past few years, the Paleo Diet has gained popularity. According to this diet, humans should eat the same foods as our Paleolithic ancestors.
The claim is that the Paleo Diet is healthier and can even improve dental care. But does it really?
So, does the Paleo Diet really improve dental care? Let’s find out!
What Are Some Foods to Avoid on the Paleo Diet?
There are a few types of foods that you should avoid on the Paleo diet. First of all, you should avoid processed foods. This includes anything that comes in a box or package. These foods are typically high in sugar and other artificial additives that can harm your teeth.
Another type of food to avoid on the Paleo diet is sugary foods. For example, this includes candy, cookies, cake, and soda. These foods are sources of empty calories that can lead to weight gain and tooth decay.
Lastly, you should also avoid starchy foods. This includes bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. These foods are high in carbohydrates, which convert to sugar in your body. This can lead to cavities and other dental problems.
What Are Some Foods to Eat on the Paleo Diet?
There are plenty of healthy and delicious foods that you can eat on the Paleo diet. Some of the best foods for dental health include:
- Fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals. They’re also low in sugar and high in fiber.
- Meat: Meat is an excellent source of protein. It’s also low in sugar and high in healthy fats.
- Fish: Fish is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are essential for dental health because they help to reduce inflammation.
- Nuts and seeds: Nuts and seeds are a great source of healthy fats and minerals. They’re also high in fiber.
- Eggs: Eggs are a great source of protein and vitamin D. Vitamin D is crucial for dental health because it helps to absorb calcium.
Yes, the Paleo diet works. Following the Paleo diet gives your teeth the nutrients they need to stay healthy and strong.
Visit Your Las Vegas Cosmetic Dentist
Are you considering cosmetic or general dental procedures in Las Vegas? You can’t go wrong with Dr. Jorge Paez. Using advanced cosmetic dentistry procedures, he has helped many patients achieve the smile of their dreams. You can schedule a free consultation with Nevada Dental Esthetics by calling 702-737-3553. Our service area includes Las Vegas, Summerlin, Spring Valley, and nearby areas.