At Nevada Dental Esthetics in Las Vegas, dental bonding is a popular cosmetic dentistry choice for our patients who have minor smile defects like:
- Stains or spots
- Small gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked or misaligned teeth
Advantages of Dental Bonding
- Dental bonding can be completed in just one visit. No molds or impression need to be made, so dental bonding is a quick procedure. You go home with your new smile the very same day.
- Compared with some other cosmetic dental procedures, dental bonding is relatively inexpensive.
- Sometimes no anesthetic is required as bonding is done only on the surface of the tooth where no nerves are affected.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Paez will evaluate any minor defects you have and let you know if bonding is an appropriate solution. If you decide to go with bonding, Dr. Paez will choose a shade that matches your natural teeth very closely. Once completed there will be no visible line between your natural tooth and the bonding material.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
Dental bonding is the name of this restorative procedure, and it is also the term used for the substance used to do it. It is a tooth-colored resin substance similar in texture to putty. Dr. Paez can shape it very precisely to fill small chips, or to slightly reshape a tooth that’s out of alignment so that it looks straight and even.
- Dr. Paez will apply a mild etching solution to the surface of the tooth to make a better surface for strong bonding between the tooth and the restoration.
- He will apply the dental bonding in increments, building up exactly the right size and shape of restoration to correct the problem.
Dr. Paez will use a high-intensity light to cure, or harden, the bonding so that it’s now part of your tooth. To complete the procedure, he might do a little touch-up work and then polish the tooth until it looks like the other teeth around it. The procedure takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes per tooth.
If your teeth are severely misaligned or you have missing teeth or large gaps, other procedures such as porcelain veneers or orthodontics may be the best solution. Dental bonding is a good procedure for repairing minor misalignment, and for covering small defects rather than larger ones.
If you are interested in more information about dental bonding, please call 702-737-3553 or email our Las Vegas office today to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also go to our Before and After Photo Gallery page to see the results from other patients who’ve had dental bonding.