Las Vegas Dentist Serving Summerlin, Spring Valley And Nearby Nevada Locations
Crooked teeth or a misaligned bite are extremely common issues faced by men, women, and teens. When left untreated, these can lead to more serious dental problems down the road, as well as low self-esteem associated with the look of one’s smile. However, many who struggle with crooked teeth are put off by the idea of braces, and instead, attempt to cope with their situation.
Invisalign offers an effective and convenient alternative to traditional braces. This clear aligner system allows you to continue to enjoy eating your favorite foods, is barely visible when on your teeth, and achieves simple to complex fixes often in less time than traditional braces. Dr. Jorge Paez is proud to offer the Invisalign system to teens and adults in the Las Vegas area who are wanting to achieve a straighter, healthier smile.
To schedule your own personal consultation, please contact our dental office at 702-737-3553. Jorge Paez, DDS has been helping his patients achieve beautiful smiles and healthy teeth for more than two decades. Nevada Dental Esthetics is proud to serve men, women, and teens in Summerlin, Spring Valley, and other nearby Nevada locations.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an extremely popular alternative to traditional braces for both teens and adults. What truly sets it apart is its use of clear, transparent aligners rather than the obvious metal wires and brackets.
Your Invisalign aligners will be custom molded to perfectly fit your unique bite. A personalized series of transparent plastic trays will gradually straighten your teeth over time, fixing simple to complex issues including generally crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, and gaps.
Invisalign aligners are designed to be barely noticeable to others when worn. Best of all, these trays can be removed while you eat, floss, or brush your teeth. No more fussing with metal brackets popping off or trapping food.
These trays work by gradually moving your teeth into place with each new tray. Dr. Paez will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan designed for your unique circumstances and to provide you with your desired smile. Though treatment times vary from patient to patient, many fixes are achieved in as little as 6-12 months – up to twice as fast as traditional metal braces.
What Invisalign Can Help Correct
Like with traditional braces, Invisalign is used to help correct a number of cosmetic issues concerning the teeth’s alignment and positioning in the mouth. These near-invisible aligners can be used as an attractive alternative to braces for addressing mild to moderate instances of the following:
- Generally crooked teeth
- The upper row of teeth extending beyond the lower row of teeth (an overbite)
- The lower row of teeth extending beyond the upper row of teeth (an underbite)
- A lateral misalignment of the dental arches causing the upper teeth to sit within the lower teeth rather than outside (a crossbite)
- An opening between the upper and lower teeth despite the jaw being fully closed (an open bite)
- Crowding, overlapping, or twisting of the teeth caused by limited space within the jaw
- Gaps or open spaces between two individual teeth, such as between the two front teeth
Many of the above issues can make taking proper care of your teeth difficult (such as flossing) and may lead to more serious dental issues later in life. By correcting these concerns, our patients not only experience a confidence-boosting smile they are proud to show, but also overall more healthy teeth.
What Are The Benefits Of Invisalign?
There are many reasons why Invisalign continues to be the most popular treatment for straighter teeth among adults and teenagers. Some of the top benefits of Invisalign include:
- The clear Invisalign trays are hardly noticeable to others. You can go about your day smiling, talking, and laughing without anybody noticing you are wearing any aligners at all. This is especially ideal for adults who are wanting to fix crooked or misaligned teeth, but are not wanting to show a mouthful of metal wires and brackets.
- Your aligners can be removed when eating or brushing and flossing your teeth. Aside from their appearance, one of the main fusses with traditional braces has to do with getting food caught in between brackets and difficulty brushing and flossing around them. With Invisalign, simply remove the aligners and put them back in once you are done eating or caring for your teeth.
- Less time is needed at your dentist’s office. You will only need to come by once every 4-6 weeks in order to ensure everything is moving along as planned. Traditional braces often require several visits for maintenance and to tighten and adjust the wires.
- Invisalign aligners are designed to provide a more comfortable fit without gum irritation. Each aligner tray in your Invisalign series will be custom-molded to your teeth while helping to gradually move them into place. Traditional braces require regular tightening, and the brackets are known to irritate the inside of the gums.
- Invisalign can fix simple to complex orthodontic issues up to two times faster than traditional braces. Many of our patients are smiling confidently with their new teeth in as little as 6-12 months.
The Invisalign Process At Nevada Dental Esthetics
Invisalign is known for straightening teeth in just three simple steps:
- Step one: It starts with an in-person consultation to determine your candidacy. During this visit, Dr. Paez will take a digital scan of your teeth and create a customized treatment plan just for you.
- Step two: You’ll come back to our office to pick up your first pair of aligners. After that, plan on returning for regular check-ins to monitor your progress and pick up your new trays. Each set of aligners will move you closer to your stunning new smile.
- Step three: After you’ve transformed your smile with this clear aligner system, you’ll want to protect your results. The best way to do that is by wearing a retainer. Retainers are designed to prevent teeth from moving out of place.
How Long Does Invisalign Take To Straighten Teeth?
Invisalign tends to work faster than traditional braces. The average Invisalign treatment time is 12 to 18 months. However, you may start to see some improvement in a matter of weeks.
Keep in mind that every patient has specific needs. The length of your treatment will depend on factors such as the complexity of your case and your compliance with the aligner system. Dr. Paez will determine exactly how long it will take to straighten your teeth with Invisalign.
How To Take Care Of Your Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign aligners are relatively low maintenance. It is easy to take care of them and keep them in great shape.
The most important thing you can do is make sure that your aligners are clean. This is as easy as brushing them with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Rinse them in lukewarm water, not hot, to avoid warping the plastic.
You’ll also want to minimize your risk of losing or breaking an aligner. Store them in your case to protect them when they aren’t in use. If something happens to one of your trays, contact our office so that we can keep your treatment plan on track.
Are There Any Foods I Need To Avoid During Invisalign Treatment?
You don’t have to give up any of your favorite foods during Invisalign treatment. The aligners can be easily removed for drinking and eating. That is a big advantage over traditional wires and brackets that come with a long list of restrictions.
The only real concern with food is that you might stain your clear trays if you aren’t careful. Pigmented food residue can cling to your mouth and discolor your aligners. That’s why you need to brush after every meal.
Is Invisalign Painful?
Invisalign aligners are made from a patented material called SmartTrack. It is designed to apply gentle force for a more comfortable experience.
You may feel some discomfort and pressure when you switch to a new set of trays. However, your Invisalign treatment shouldn’t be painful.
Each aligner fits snugly around your teeth and is trimmed to your gumline to prevent irritation. Plus, you won’t have to deal with scratchy brackets, exposed wires, or emergency visits that can come with metal braces.
Is Invisalign Safe?
Invisalign is an FDA-approved treatment that you can trust. It is backed by decades of research, cutting-edge technology, and the data from millions of smiles. The system predictably moves your teeth under the supervision of an experienced dentist. What’s more, the plastic material is tested for latex, BPA, epoxy, and other potentially harmful or irritating chemicals.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Invisalign?
Invisalign is recommended for teens and adults who are wanting straighter teeth without needing traditional braces. The ideal patient should also:
- Be in good overall health without any untreated periodontal (or gum) disease or cavities
- Already have fully developed teeth
- Not smoke
- Be ready to have their aligners in place at least 23 hours each day
Any pre-existing concerns such as gum disease or cavities should be taken care of prior to Invisalign treatment. Dr. Paez will talk with you about your concerns and goals to determine whether Invisalign is the right choice for you.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
The cost of Invisalign will be based on the number of aligners needed, as well as the level of complexity of the issue being treated. Dr. Paez will discuss the costs of your procedure when recommending your full treatment plan following a full examination.
One of the top questions we get about Invisalign is whether it is more expensive than traditional braces. To many’s surprise, the price of Invisalign and traditional braces are often very much the same. Therefore, the best option for you will be based on your specific circumstances and personal preferences.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation
We would love to discuss your personalized Invisalign treatment for a straighter, healthier smile. Please contact our dental office at 702-737-3553 to schedule a consultation with Las Vegas dentist, Dr. Jorge Paez. We are proud to service adults and teens in Summerlin, Spring Valley, and other nearby Nevada locations.