Las Vegas Dentist Serving Summerlin, Spring Valley And Nearby Nevada Locations
Technological advances in cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry allow for improved diagnostics and precision treatments. From imaging to laser therapies, new technologies make it easier for you to protect your oral health and maintain a dazzling smile.
At Nevada Dental Esthetics, Dr. Jorge Paez makes it a priority to stay up-to-date with new technologies that help him provide exceptional care for his patients. He is skilled in various laser dentistry techniques and utilizes several imaging technologies to best address your oral health and cosmetic concerns.
Advanced Diagnostic And Design Technology
With advancements in imaging, diagnosing oral health issues and creating custom solutions for cosmetic concerns has never been easier. Dr. Paez incorporates the following technologies into your care:
- Digital X-rays – The advent of digital radiography streamlines the diagnosis of oral health issues. Digital x-rays are available instantly for review and can be easily enlarged and compared with prior images to detect changes and abnormalities. These images can reveal decay, bone density loss, and other oral health conditions.
- Cone Beam – Cone-beam computed tomography systems (CBCT) provide a 3D picture of your mouth, teeth, jaw, neck, ears, throat, and nose. This type of imaging provides valuable information for diagnosing cavities, root canals, and trauma. CBCT also helps in the assessment of cleft palates, jaw conditions, and dental implant preparation.
- 3Shape TRIOS Intraoral Scanner – This wireless scanner makes it fast and easy to take 3D digital impressions of your teeth.
Lasers focus energy in the form of light. These powerful beams can be used in surgical and dental procedures as an incredibly controllable cutting instrument. Dr. Paez is trained with soft and hard tissue lasers, allowing him to tailor procedures like:
- Periodontal debridement
- Cold sore treatment
- Removing lesions
- Reshaping gums
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Dentistry?
Dr. Paez is committed to offering the least invasive, most effective care available to his patients. Laser technology is often the superior treatment option over traditional approaches given the following benefits:
- Low risk of infection – The laser destroys bacteria as it works and seals the tissue instantly. This means minimal bleeding and no open wounds after treatment.
- Preserves healthy tissue and promotes faster recovery – In dentistry, where treatment areas are tiny, the value of a precise, adjustable cutting tool cannot be underestimated. Unlike a scalpel, which can damage healthy tissue near the treatment site, a laser can be controlled to target only the problem area. With more healthy tissue preserved, you will have a quicker recovery than with other types of treatments.
- Minimal discomfort – For many laser dentistry procedures, anesthetic may not be necessary. Dr. Paez can often use a laser setting that doesn’t affect blood vessels or nerves. In many cases, patients can resume normal activities immediately after laser dental therapy.
- Versatility –Laser therapy is a viable treatment for difficult-to-reach crevices and corners of the mouth, easy-to-access sites, and a range of conditions.
Call Us To Schedule A Consultation
We are pleased to provide the improved diagnostic capabilities and treatments that these technologies make possible. For more information on the services we offer, call 702-737-3553 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Paez. We serve patients in the greater Las Vegas area, including Summerlin and Spring Valley.