Many of our patients first come to us because of a missing tooth or teeth. At Nevada Dental Esthetics, we take pride in the work that we do in restoring beautiful and confident smiles. We understand that whatever the cause, having missing teeth can be embarrassing and damaging to your self-esteem, and we can help with that.
Please call for a free consultation to discuss your tooth replacement options: 702-737-3553.
Problems Caused by Missing Teeth
Not only are missing teeth visually unappealing, but they can cause further dental problems, and even affect your overall health:
- Your remaining teeth can start migrating to fill the gap. This puts them out of alignment, which can badly affect your bite.
- Teeth out of alignment will wear more quickly.
- A gap left long enough will cause the nearby bone to deteriorate.
- A shrinking jawbone will change the shape of your face and cause you to look older than you are.
Two of the most common solutions for correcting a missing tooth or teeth are permanent dental bridges or dental implants. Depending on the number of teeth missing and the placement of those teeth, Dr. Paez will recommend the best solution for you.
Dental Bridges for Missing Teeth
A dental bridge is a false tooth permanently attached to neighboring teeth. It can be suspended between two other teeth via crowns or by "wings" attached to the back of neighboring teeth. If there is no neighboring tooth on one side, it is attached to two teeth on the other side.
Dr. Paez will take an impression of the area that needs a bridge. A dental lab will use that impression to create the bridge and send it back to our offices. In a second visit, Dr. Paez will cement it into place. With proper care, you can expect a bridge to last ten years or longer.
Advantages of dental bridges include:
- Dental bridges are a quick solution as they can be completed in about two weeks.
- Compared to dental implants, they are relatively inexpensive.
Dental Implants for Missing Teeth
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that provides an anchor for an artificial tooth (a crown) to replace a missing tooth. Unlike dentures or dental bridges, implants involve surgically placing one or more artificial tooth roots into the jawbone.
Advantages of dental implants for replacing lost teeth include:
- Dental implants are secure and durable
- The crowns attached to them look and function like natural teeth
- The crowns can be cleaned and cared for like natural teeth
- Other teeth are not disturbed in the process of placing implants
- With proper care, they will last the rest of your life
Schedule A Consultation For Dental Bridges Or Dental implants In Las Vegas
Missing teeth can disturb your self-confidence and your ability to smile freely. If you have one or more missing teeth and want to bring back a beautiful smile, call 702-737-3553 or submit an email contact form to the Nevada Dental Esthetics today. We can schedule a free initial consultation with Dr. Paez to determine the best procedure to replace your missing teeth. A new smile, and your old confidence, will be restored in no time!