One of the many advances in dentistry these days is all the options for filling cavities. In the "old" days, metal, or amalgam, fillings were the only choice for restoring a cavity-ridden tooth. At Nevada Dental Esthetics conveniently located in Las Vegas, we offer white (metal-free) fillings made from either resin composite or porcelain.
Advantages of Tooth Colored Fillings
- Metal-free white fillings match the color of your natural teeth and are hardly noticeable
- White fillings do not contain mercury, which can be hazardous to your health
- White fillings actually strengthen the tooth by bonding to it
- White fillings do not expand and contract with heat and cold like metal fillings so that means less threat to the tooth’s integrity
- White fillings harden very quickly and that means less time in the dentist’s office
Tooth colored fillings are an excellent alternative to the old metal fillings. They are also longer-lasting. Dr. Paez will replace metal fillings with either resin composite or porcelain fillings.
If you have old metal fillings that you’re concerned about or that need to be replaced anyway, please call (702) 744-8007 or email our office today to schedule a free initial consultation. Dr. Paez will evaluate your situation and let you know what the best course of action is for you. We look forward to meeting you soon!